일요일, 7월 09, 2006

World Cup Fever - TAY-HANMINGKUK!!

With the World Cup Final upon us, I thought it an appropriate time to finally get off my arse, and get some pics online. They were taken from the night of Korea's first match against Togo.

P1000891
If there's a will, there's a way: unless that will is to block the main road and set up big screens to show football, of course.

P1000902
Mass miscommunication at 6pm: Someone didn't tell these lot that the match starts at 10:00pm (local time). Having said that, the big screen here showed the TV coverage from the World Cup stadium in Seoul, which was absolutely packed with people at the same time.

P1000908
Fighting Corea: (l-r) Park Pele, Choi Tascha, Kim Kae and Kokiri aka Kepoki aka Kim Ki Fri (I wonder why I have so many nicks). The scarf I'm holding is a birthday present from Mr Kuwatanasilpa (Pele). Cheers, mate.

P1000912
Be The Reds!: Damon didn't have a red shirt, and felt left out, so he bought one here.

P1000921
Wiguk Saram (foreigner): Horny.

P1000949
The light says green:...but it's the Red sea (of people) that parts.

P1000955
If two's company...

P1000953
And the beat goes on: I actually went up on the side of the stage and took this shot. I like the accessibility.

P1000964
A family affair: Many people brought their whole family along.

P1000983
Random Koreans: Friendly. I didn't know their name, but they made some space for us to sit with them.

P1010024
Point of view: I can see OK from here, but I wondered how the people further behind me fared. Oh, and they sang songs. All night long.

P1010026
Ordered: A goal Togo, please. Ho hum. :>

P1010049
Back at COAP: The masses crowded in. They even blocked the way to the elevator. I had to walk around the building to get to it.

Of course, we know now that Korea didn't get past the first round. But it was an interesting experience nonetheless to be able to watch a country's enthusiasm for its national team. I've seen what it's like in England, but the difference is that the Koreans get behind their team one hundred percent, while the English are not afraid to criticise.

At least now I can get some sleep...

2 Comments:

Blogger lee wei said...

hey fiks, how's the new camera working for you?

3:35 오후  
Blogger Fikri said...

It's working quite well. Am most pleased with it's low light performance. Very steady. I've been snapping away like a Korean eating kimchi. :> Not quite up to Darren Heath level (check him out, he does plenty of F1 stuff), but it's cool nonetheless.

Thanks for dropping by.

5:38 오후  

댓글 쓰기

<< Home