화요일, 7월 11, 2006

Psycho Goes Mad

Some behind the scenes shot of 'The Psycho Returns'.

P1000208
Scripted: I spent some time on the script, knowing that I have a legacy of Psycho movies to live up to and fans to satisfy. On a more trivial note, this is also one of the first pictures I took with my FZ7.

P1000402
Boarding school: I learnt my lessons after Goldfish, and storyboarded everything, including the teaser, trailer and the movie itself. Of course, it's crap, but it made for some stressfree production.

P1000403
Life imitates art: Or the other way round, depending on how you look at this picture (and depending even further on your definition of life and art). Tascha, when we weren't busy killing her, serves as the principal photographer for the movie. "Nah," I said to her, lumping my camera in her hands, "take some pictures." One of the pix that I looked at at realised that it was a good decision.

P1000409
Back to back: And here's another one. Completely forgot about the mirror in the bathroom, so I had to change my position. Worked out well in the end (and a decent picture to boot).

P1000370
The Psycho: wihom (dangerous).

P1000405
Unholy trinity: the director (far right, duh) with his two stars, Damon as...well, Damon, and Pele as the psychotic killer.

P1000365
Focus pocus: The depth of field in the shots became a problem, especially for the night shots. I couldn't really see through the viewfinder, and only later I realise the flawed photography. No one seemed to mind too much, though.

P1000371
Action!: One of the moments that I felt like a true director, telling Pele exactly how it's gonna go down. I've decided to include a mention of Goldfish in one form or another in all of my movies (or at least try my damnest), so lookout for that. Within ten years, it'll be in the trivia section of my profile on imdb.com.

P1000400
Handy: Half tribute to Kerry Ann that didn't really make it into the movie. The numbers were already there, for some reason. The red looks good, though.

P1000655
Killer shot: Another moment of directorial pleasure. And another picture to remind me that I need to exercise. Hard...

P1000649
Psycho pitstop: Pele taking a breather.

P1000422
The Big Sleep: zzz....

P1000424
...but not for long: Was in the toilet while all this was happening. Heard a lot of commotion and came out to Pele completely caving under the pressure of landing the Psycho role. "DIE, BASTARD, DIE!!" rang out in the midst of the side splitting laughters from me, Damon and Tascha.

P1000659
Caperkirs: Does her T-Rex impression well-ish. Rrrr....

Twas a lot of fun, fleeting by the long moments of solitary editing, creative considerations and wondering how to best kill my newfound friends. In the end, everyone got into it, and so a big up to the cast. Here's to you guys.

And for those who still haven't seen it (or want to have a good laugh again), check these:

Teaser
Trailer
The Psycho Returns Vol. 1
The Psycho Returns Vol. 2

2 Comments:

Blogger Unpredictable Mortal said...

Say... i need to mention this or not i won't be feeling peace at heart... LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR STYLE =)

All the best with your directing and producing of films!

Luv,
ME!

10:59 오전  
Blogger Fikri said...

Ah. Thanks girl. I look less like Antonio Banderas, though. :>

12:45 오후  

댓글 쓰기

<< Home