토요일, 7월 15, 2006

The Last Chocolate - The First Taste

Recently, I attended a one-take workshop (doing a movie in one single take) conducted by Song Il-gon. As part of the workshop, we were supposed to come up with our own short script and shoot a one-take movie. This I did, but not without much difficulty, uncertainty and 'dammit, I hate Korean weather'-ility.

Here are some of the pictures taken from behind the scenes of 'The Last Chocolate.'

P1010060
The skirt and the shirt: My actors, Na Young (left) and Yu. I had written the script in English, but they had difficulty memorising it, so I changed it to Korean. Well, I decided to change it to Korean; they changed it themselves. It worked out alright in the end.

P1010077
Look, no hands: Telling my actors how I want it to happen. Next to me is Park Chan, my cameraman. He works at JIFA, and has been quite helpful to all of us from time to time. In this case, it's the first time when I'm not working as a dedicated camera operator. It feels a little strange.

P1010069
When in doubt: look back at the script.

P1010072
Park it here: Telling Chan shi how I want what to be recorded.

P1010078
Letting go: finally letting all of them get on with it.

All in all, it went well. Considering that I changed a lot of things right up to the last minute (minor details to the script, the location, etc), things went well. I wanted to do another take, but it was already dark, so I wasn't too happy with the final footage. Having said that, it was only for a workshop, and I'll do it later when I have more time to develop everything.

Then Il-gon hyong (brother) got his hands on it...

3 Comments:

Blogger lee wei said...

i thought you'd be taking more photos now that you have a cool camera...

3:54 오전  
Anonymous 익명 said...

hey man.
all of sudden u remind me of amir muhammad. :D
the glasses, the hair, the shirt...
yeah.

u have a COOL camera?
what camera?
where?

1:03 오후  
Blogger Fikri said...

To Temme: I take lots and lots of pictures everywhere I go. But I don't put up all of them. :> And for this one, my coordinator was taking the pictures for me, since I was actually directing the movie.

To Yaya: The genius, the intelligence, the pioneer part? :> As for the camera, it's a cool camera cos I keep it in the fridge. Ho hum.

I told you once that I bought a digital camera. The Panasonic Lumix FZ7. I can even give you the exact date and time if you want... :>

12:44 오후  

댓글 쓰기

<< Home