일요일, 8월 06, 2006

Singing a Song Ilgon

aThe previous post is about a film that I made for a workshop. That workshop was conducted by a Korean film director called Song Il Gon, who made such films as 'Spider Forest' and 'The Magicians', Korea's first one-take film (shot entirely with only one take). They were actually quite good, very good in fact, and so was the workshop.

P1010080
Song song seng nim: Il Gon hyong at the special lecture. He screened 'The Magicians', and then fielded questions from the floor. He can bang on a bit, but it was cool.

P1010085
Underground bunker: The final session of the workshop (evaluation of our work) was carried out in the JIFFtechque, which is a fancier way of saying 'very very small auditorium'.

P1010088
Kimchi!: Calm before the storm.

P1010094
Smell what I'm cooking: The Last Chocolate on the big screen.

P1010101
Calm during the storm: Defending myself and my 'boring' camera angles. He had a good few points to make though, which I took on board for the second Last Chocolate.

P1010115
Angle slam: Illustrating the possible camera angles that I could have used. It must've been really boring.

P1010117
Bound: In Tascha's movie. I earned more praise from Il Gon hyong for my acting than my directing...

P1010124
Yo bro, I slept with your girl: "Keseki...HOW COULD YOU?!!!"

P1010131
Boundier: Il Gon hyong suggesting how that scene could be better played. That said, Tascha's concept is still my favourite amongst the rest of the scripts.

P1010150
My actress: Na Young. Korean.

P1010161
President and First Lady: The old dude is the president of JIFA, our host organisation. Sun Hee is one of our main contacts inside the organisation. She can speak French well, so sometimes she and I talk in code (or at least I try to. Forgot a lot of things. Damn).

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home